Saturday, August 11, 2007

A Random Miracle


A few month ago I came out to my car to see that my front license plate was missing. I was just thinking "punk kids", or that it got dislodged in the windstorm the day before. I did not bother to take the time at the moment to report it since I did not want to make the drive to the DMV to replace it. Well..... the other day when I was too lazy to go to the gym (I usually go around 6:00 am) I woke up to a loud banging on my front door. I really did not know what to think since it was still about 6:00 am. When I saw it was a police officer I was immediately thinking "punk kids strike again!" But he greeted me with a smile and asked, "Is this yours?" Behold my license plate. It had been turned in at a gas station in Clarksville. The cop and I had a good laugh when I told him how long it was missing. I am glad he laughed since it is illegal to drive your car here without the front plate. He was nice. I was happy. And a random miracle ruled the day!

6 comments:

Darilyn said...

Did I know about the missing license plate? I'm so glad you got it back. why do i have to do word verification on your blog?

Darilyn said...

your dinner sounds so good krista. Why can't we live closer? do you think it will ever happen? When it does promise you'll never leave. Or i'll promise. either way one of us needs to promise!

Julie Marie Winans said...

Tried your salsa receipe and we loved it and I don't think I will be buying anymore from the store.

Krista Lou Cook said...

I am so glad that my kitchen momments are making people happy!

Kellie said...

I love random miracles. They always make me happy. What a gift you have for finding the miracles in the everyday.

Alder Family said...

That happened to us when we first moved here but really it was punk kids or punk adults--either way it ticked me off because we had just spent an ENTIRE afternoon at the nightmare MVA and had to do it all over again. I am glad yours turned up safe and sound!