Wednesday, July 10, 2013

The Fabulous 40- In Astoria!

Knowing that this year the big 40 loomed over my head I knew I just needed to get out of town. My sister and mom graciously planned a celebratory cruise for me in April, but what about the actual day.... In contemplating my choices, and knowing that funds are tight I decided a little adventure up the Oregon Coast would fit the price and time frame. In discussing this with a friend I learned that she (Joanna Hiigel) would be in Astoria that week. All fell into place and I was able to spend my birthday week adventuring along, and spent my actual birthday with a wonderful friend. I felt spoiled, relaxed, energized, and thankful for such a wonderful time!

The Astoria-Megler Bridge (view from the Cannery Pier Hotel)

Pained buildings create the historic feel to Astoria.

The Sea Lions have taken over the docks!

A fun chauffeured ride to dinner treated by Joanna!

No comments: