This goes along with the post below. My sister and I started cooking when we were tall enough to look into the pot on the stove. One of the first things I remember my sister making was Cheesy Egg Bake. The fact that I still remember her making it, serving, and proudly standing over us to see if we approved cracks me up! ( and yes this was all done in our lovely yellow kitchen seen in a previous blog) So for your taste bud pleasure and a walk down our memory lane here it is....
Cheesy Baked Eggs
3 tablespoons fine bread crumbs
6 small slices cheddar cheese
salt and pepper
1. Heat oven to 325° and grease six custard or muffin cups.
2. Put 1/2 tablespoon bread crumbs on bottom of each cup, then top with cheese slices.
3. Break one egg into each cup, and sprinkle eggs with grated cheese and salt and pepper.
4. Bake for about 12 to 18 minutes.
5. Serve piping hot in custard cups or loosen eggs and slip onto a plate.