Monday, June 23, 2008

North Carolina

I had such a GREAT time!




Last Tuesday I headed out with the Gallagher's to visit the Grandparents in North Carolina. The drive took 8 hrs with stops for dinner and traffic delays.

Ryan spent most of his days golfing with his grandpa so that left Lisa, Megan and I to hit the Beach. I LOVE THE BEACH!!!! I have learned from past experiences and slathered myself with sunscreen. No sunburns here! The only nuisance we had was the seagulls. Man are they obnoxious. they would swarm around you if you had any food.

(seagull swarm)


(watchin' the waves)



Our one day we had Ryan with us we went to the Hard Rock Park in Myrtle Beach. This is the only Hard Rock Park in the world. Our thought is that it has... allot of potential. There was only one ride that was a thrill, Led Zeppelin- The Ride.

(Hard Rock Park)


(Led Zeppelin- The Ride)



We came back on Sunday with the same traveling conditions as before. Hooray!

Lisa gave me permission to take her car and daughter again anytime this summer.... hmmm... tempting!

4 comments:

Darilyn said...

I'm glad you had such a fun weekend. The beach sounds wonderful. I'm in need of a good beach right now. I think I will have to settle for the lake at reunion.

Gusti said...

I'm so jealous, it looks like a fabulous time! And I've never been to NC. Sometime in the next 15 years I will go - thus fulfilling my goal of seeing all 50 states by the time I'm 50! I'm currently a few years behind, I think I've seen about 32 states so far. I Miss You Krista Lou!!

Jason and Jamie said...

Looks like you had a great time in NC! I haven't ever been there! I didn't know that Hard Rock had a Park there either!

Nicole said...

I would love to go to North Carolina this summer. I think it has the best beaches. It has been years since I was last there. I am glad you had a great time...hard not to.