Saturday, December 28, 2013

Adventuring: 40:40:10 Johnson Log Pond


Living in Coos Bay I easily have tread all the local trails, numerous of times. Although I love to travel our of my area to find new trails and see new places, time and funds don't always allow the opportunity. In searching the area I found the link to the Johnson Log Pond in Coquille.


The Johnson Log Pond at one time held the local logs as they awaited their shipping fate. In coming back from Myrtle Point one day I decided to check it out.

The weather was perfect, warm and calm. The trail is easy to find and there is plenty of parking, as well as picnicking areas, and kayak and canoe launching areas. The trail itself was only about a mile, and does not wrap all around the pond. Being stubborn I found this out the hard way and tried my darnedest to plow through. I wouldn't advise this. Save this trail for an easy day outing with the family. Bring a lunch, hopefully a little boat, and enjoy some Coquille beauty and history.

No comments: