Tuesday, August 23, 2011

#39 Meet My Family in Ukraine

I realized that although I posted some stories and pictures of my trip to Ukraine. I never listed it as finishing one of my "Fifty Things". Number thirty-nine is to Meet My Family in Ukraine. This would be the family of my Stepfather Benedict P. Eremenko. Papa passed away a year ago last October. Since he raised me from the age of 4 he really was a huge part of my life. The following April my sister, my mom, and I took a trip to Ukraine to meet his family and bring some earth from his home here in America. Meeting them was fun and rewarding as it was emotional and loving. I truly loved each one of my family members there as I met them and learned about their life in the Ukraine.

Anya, Vova, Aksana
Mom, Me, Aunt Lyda, Elya
Darilyn.











Ruslan, Mom, Darilyn, Me, Vitaly, Lyna.












If you would like to read more about my time in Ukraine here are the links:
That Easter Morn
My Ukrainian Family
Hello Ukraine
Papa




1 comment:

Darilyn said...

Are trying to make my heart ache? I want to go again. I need to go again.