Thursday, August 9, 2012

Shrimp, Papaya, and Mango Salad

Salad for breakfast, yes please!

I'm not a traditional breakfast eater. Some of my favorite breakfast foods include potato salad and tomatoes. So when I woke up this morning with my brain thinking shrimp salad, my stomach said why not!

Thus the Shrimp, Papaya, Mango Salad is born.

1 large Mango pealed and chunked
1 small Papaya seeded, peeled and chunked
10-15 or so pre-cooked medium Shrimp
1 tablespoon Coconut oil
1 Lime
1 teaspoon Honey
1/4 cup shredded Coconut
a couple leaves fresh Basil

Combine papaya and mango in a bowl. Heat coconut oil in a small saucepan and lightly sauté shrimp until warm. Spoon shrimp into the bowl with the fruit. Juice the lime, and mix in the honey into the sauté pan with with leftover coconut oil. Pour over shrimp and fruit. Tear the basil and place in the bowl along with the shredded coconut. Mix with a fork and dig in!

No comments: